Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"Earthquake Swarm" and Photo

BIG UPDATE: The National Geographic project, "Earthquake Swarm" that I was an Assistant Camera last semester is going to air on November 5th at 7pm PST. The show will feature insight into the Reno Mogul earthquakes from last year. Including UNR professor commentary and shots around Reno, Nevada!

Check it out here.

According to the producers that I worked with, the Nat Geo website will also feature video webisodes as the November 5th air date nears.

If you have the National Geographic Channel be sure to tune in!

People wanted to know what I've been up to lately.  Basically, I have been shooting photos and video all around the Reno area.  As well as pushing around ideas for a gut wrenching, in your face and subsequently makes you think photo portfolio.  I've also been illustrating fun little projects for friends as well as myself.

My photo instructor gave an outstanding speech today that can only be summarized as "thinking outside the box."  Sure, this statement has been used an infinite amount of times.  And I'll admit, it's tough to think outside the box.  Anyway, here is a video thinking along those lines as well as a social commentary on the future of print journalism:


Living Magazine Cover & Spread - Outside Magazine.

Have a great week!

-Winter

No comments: